Mustek Camcorder Data Recovery
Data Recovery in 2021: a complete guide
Recovering Data From Mustek Camcorder
Files created by a digital camera or a video recorder can be stored in one of the following places:
- the built-in memory of the device;
- the internal or removable hard disk;
- a memory card (SD, SDHC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC, SD mini, SDXC, Micro SDXC, Compact Flash, xD picture card, Memory Stick, XC, MMC);
- or a USB drive.
Here are the main formats used by digital video cameras: AVI, MOV, MP4. These may also include MKV, MPG, MPEG, WMV, FLV etc.
Recovering data from a video recorders
Recovering data from a dashboard camera
1. Connect the video recorder to the computer with the help of the interface intended for this purpose (USB, mini USB, micro USB or other) or using the computer’s/laptop’s card reader (if your task is to recover data from a memory card).
2. After the device is recognized as a removable data carrier, scan it with Hetman Partition Recovery.
3. Wait until the analysis is over and recover video files to a convenient location.
4. As a rule, video recorder files have similar names of the same type. If you need to recover a certain video you can find it by using the preview function (fullscreen mode is also available).
5. To restore them, drag the necessary files to the “Recovery List” and click “Recovery.”
6. Choose the saving method and the corresponding folder, and click “Recovery” again.
Note. If you have reasons to believe that the memory card or built-in storage is damaged, it is a good idea to create an image of such storage to prevent irreparable data loss, because such data carrier can become unavailable at any time.
Recovering data from DVR
Often, there is no possibility to take the hard disk (or another data storage device) out of the DVR (digital video recorder), connect it to a computer and view or copy its data. To perform such actions, you will have to use the built-in export and decryption interface of the DVR.
It is connected with the specific circumstances in which such recorders operate. Most autonomous video recorders do not use conventional PC-style file systems. That is why, you cannot copy or view videos from the video recorder even if you managed to connect it to the computer.
Recovering data from autonomous video recording systems requires proper hardware and software - without it, their data cannot be recovered outside of a specialized lab.
The only exception is PC-compatible video recording systems: in this case, you can recover their data using the method we have previously described for dashboard cameras.
We will be happy to answer your questions!