Philips Laptop Data Recovery
Repair and data recovery from laptops of any manufacturers
What to do in case of Notebook Philips Сrash?
Recovering of of your Notebook Philips may be required because of failures in the operating system or hardware errors. The reasons for failure can be the laptop contamination with unnecessary or malicious software, the presence of broken hard disk sectors, overheating of the motherboard or video card.
The methods of laptop operability recovery are very similar to a desktop computer, but there are also some unique features specific to laptops only.
Restoring laptop System
Run the System File Checker sfc /scannow
With this command, you can restore the system files in case Windows is operational and boots.
- In the Command prompt, type sfc /scannow command, and then press Enter.
- Start a Command prompt as an Administrator.
- After restoring the system files, you’ll need to restart Windows.
Restore Windows from a restore point
Note: Windows return from a restore point only applies to system and software operating system settings. The system rollback deletes all the programs that were installed after its creation and does not restore the files deleted previously.
To return Windows to a restore point, do the following:
Run the Recovery Environment
If as a result of damage to system files, the operating system loses operability and does not boot, then the recovery environment helps return the files.
You can start it: 1. By pressing F8 key during the computer boot; 2. Using the boot disk (or USB-stick).
Note. The first option is possible only if the boot partition was created during installation of the operating system. This section is created by the system for its recovery and, depending on the system its size can be 100 MB, 350 MB or 450 MB.
When starting the Recovery Environment, choose the item System Restore or Repair your computer. The name of the menu items can vary depending on the version of the operating system and a method for starting the Recovery Environment.
Restoring Factory Settings of laptop
To restore the system laptop applies the same methods as for the desktop computer. A further option to restore on a laptop is the possibility to return to the factory settings with the help of a hidden Recovery partition, which is pre-installed by the manufacturer.
Note. When restoring the laptop factory settings: all user data from the laptop system partition will be deleted; the system partition of laptop will be formatted; all the software and apps pre-installed by the manufacturer will be installed.
To restore the laptop factory settings:
- Start the laptop factory settings restore program (system reset).
- Select from the menu the function of System Restore (or factory settings) and follow all the system instructions.
- Wait until the end of the process and restart the computer.
Note. In various laptops this occurs differently. For some manufacturers this utility is started by pressing one or a combination of keys while switching the laptop on while others carry out the process using their own software (typically pre-installed).
Restoring laptop Password
Retrieve forgotten user password with Windows tools
Note. Before restoring access to the user account, check the prompt, which is located on the Welcome screen beside the password entry field.
If the prompt did not help:
- Log on to the computer using the Administrator account.
Go to Control Panel / User Accounts.
Click Manage another account.
Select the desired account.
- Select Change Password.
Enter a new password and click Change Password key.
- Exit the Administrator account and log in to your account using your new password.
Restore the password of built-in Administrator account
If access to the local Administrator account is lost, it must be received in the first place. For this:
- Boot Windows by means of an installation disc c.
- Select «System Restore» in the first window with the «Install» key.
Select Diagnostics / Advanced Options / Command Prompt in the next window.
Click on the menu item Command Prompt.
Type in the opened Command Prompt window:
- move с:windowssystem32utilman.exe с:windowssystem32utilman.bak;
- copy с:windowssystem32cmd.exe с:windowssystem32utilman.exe.
Note. These commands allow you to open Command prompt window on the login screen, with the help of Special Features key or by using the keyboard shortcut Win + U.
- Remove the installation CD from the computer.
- Stop the operating system installation and restart the computer.
- In the password entry field, run Command prompt by selecting Special Features menu or by pressing the keyboard shortcut Win + U.
- If the password entry field does not show administrator account, you must activate it. To do this, use the following command: net user Administrator / active: yes, and then restart the computer.
Type net user command to display all computer users.
- Type net user command to display all computer users.
- Enter the command net user name password. Where name is the user name into password - a new password. That is, to reset the administrator password and set a new password (for example - qwerty), in this case you must enter the command: net user Administrator qwerty.
- Restart your computer and enter the administrator account using the new password. After the login to Windows administrator account is made, the password can be changed at any time using Windows tools.
We will be happy to answer your questions!