- What Are Common Causes of .BASH_HISTORY Files Lost or Failure?
- How to recover lost .BASH_HISTORY files?
- Programs to recover .BASH_HISTORY files
- How to open file with .BASH_HISTORY extension?
There are several common causes for the loss or failure of .bash_history files:
- Accidental deletion: Users may accidentally delete their .bash_history files while trying to clean up their system or remove unnecessary files.
- System crashes: If a system crashes or experiences a sudden power failure, it can result in the loss of .bash_history files.
- Disk errors: Disk errors, such as bad sectors or file system corruption, can cause the .bash_history file to become inaccessible or get deleted.
- User settings or misconfiguration: In some cases, users may unintentionally configure their system to not record or save command history, leading to the loss of .bash_history files.
- Software or system updates: During software or system updates, there is a possibility that the .bash_history file gets overwritten or deleted.
- Disk space limitations: If the disk where the .bash_history file is stored runs out of space, it may result in the file being lost or truncated.
- User account changes: If a user account is deleted or modified, it can lead to the loss of .bash_history files associated with that account.
- Malware or viruses: Malicious software or viruses can infect a system and delete or corrupt .bash_history files as part of their destructive activities.
It is important to regularly back up .bash_history files to avoid losing valuable command history.
Sometimes while working with a computer, laptop or other stationary or mobile devices, you may encounter various bugs, freezes, hardware or software failures, even in spite of regular updates and junk cleaning. As a result, an important ".BASH_HISTORY" file may be deleted.
By no means should you think that the only way to recover a ".BASH_HISTORY" file is always to create it once more.
Use programs for recovering ".BASH_HISTORY" files if a file was lost after accidental or deliberate deleting, formatting the memory card or the internal storage, cleaning the storage device, after a virus attack or a system failure.
Looking for a way to get files back? In cases when files were deleted and they cannot be restored by using standard operating system tools, use Hetman Partition Recovery.
Follow the directions below:
Download Hetman Partition Recovery, install and start the program.
The program will automatically scan the computer and display all hard disks and removable drives connected to it, as well as physical and local disks.
Double-click on the disk from which you need to recover ".BASH_HISTORY" files, and select analysis type.
When the scanning is over, you will be shown the files for recovery.
To find a file you need, use the program’s interface to open the folder it was deleted from, or go to the folder "Content-Aware Analysis" and select the required file type.
Select the files you have been looking for and click "Recovery".
Choose one of the methods for saving the files and recover them.
Looking for how to open a stereo bash History File image file file?
File type: Bash History File
File extension: .BASH_HISTORY
Developer: The GNU Project
Category: System Files