- What Are Common Causes of .VMDK Files Lost or Failure?
- How to recover lost .VMDK files?
- Programs to recover .VMDK files
- How to open file with .VMDK extension?
There are several common causes of ".VMDK" (Virtual Machine Disk) files lost or failure, including:
- Accidental deletion: Users may unintentionally delete the ".VMDK" file while managing or organizing their virtual machines.
- Hardware failure: Hardware issues such as hard drive failure, power outages, or system crashes can result in the loss or corruption of ".VMDK" files.
- Software or operating system errors: Errors in the virtualization software or the operating system hosting the virtual machine can lead to the loss or corruption of ".VMDK" files.
- Virus or malware attacks: Malicious software can infect and damage ".VMDK" files, rendering them unusable or inaccessible.
- Improper shutdown: If a virtual machine is not properly shut down or the host system crashes during operation, it can cause data corruption or loss in the ".VMDK" file.
- File system issues: File system errors or corruption can also cause ".VMDK" file failure or loss.
- Human error: Mistakes made by users, such as accidental formatting, partitioning, or overwriting of the disk containing the ".VMDK" file, can lead to its loss.
It is important to regularly back up ".VMDK" files to prevent data loss and to implement proper security measures to protect against malware or virus attacks.
Sometimes while working with a computer, laptop or other stationary or mobile devices, you may encounter various bugs, freezes, hardware or software failures, even in spite of regular updates and junk cleaning. As a result, an important ".VMDK" file may be deleted.
By no means should you think that the only way to recover a ".VMDK" file is always to create it once more.
Use programs for recovering ".VMDK" files if a file was lost after accidental or deliberate deleting, formatting the memory card or the internal storage, cleaning the storage device, after a virus attack or a system failure.
Looking for a way to get files back? In cases when files were deleted and they cannot be restored by using standard operating system tools, use Hetman Partition Recovery.
Follow the directions below:
Download Hetman Partition Recovery, install and start the program.
The program will automatically scan the computer and display all hard disks and removable drives connected to it, as well as physical and local disks.
Double-click on the disk from which you need to recover ".VMDK" files, and select analysis type.
When the scanning is over, you will be shown the files for recovery.
To find a file you need, use the program’s interface to open the folder it was deleted from, or go to the folder "Content-Aware Analysis" and select the required file type.
Select the files you have been looking for and click "Recovery".
Choose one of the methods for saving the files and recover them.
Looking for how to open a stereo virtual Machine Disk File image file file?
|VMware Workstation 15 Pro|
|WinMount International WinMount|
|Gilles Vollant WinImage|
|Aryson VMDK Recovery|
|VMware Fusion 11|
|VMware Workstation 15 Pro|
File type: Virtual Machine Disk File
File extension: .VMDK
Category: Disk Image Files
HEX: 4B 44 4D