Windows Vista Recovery Software
Data Recovery in 2021: a complete guide
How to recover Windows Vista using various software:
Sometimes during the work of a , various bugs, freezes, hardware or software failures may occur, even in spite of regular update and cleaning. Complete reinstallation of the system and full formatting of its local drives is not always the only way to restore the system back to normal. Use software to recover passwords, registry, bootloader, system files and dll files of your .
In such cases, the operating system can be restored with the use of special disks or programs created specifically for system recovery or recovery of files which determine its uninterrupted operation.
HDD partition recovery software
Methods applied to recover hard disk partitions depend on whether the system is in operable condition. Let us study most typical cases:
Recover a hard disk non-system partition
For this purpose, do the following:
- Download the program for hard disk data recovery - Hetman Partition Recovery, install and launch it.
- After launch, the program will find and display all physical disks as well as available and unavailable partitions and areas on your disks, showing this information in the left part of the main window.
- Double-click on the disk or the area from which you need to recover files and select analysis type (in our case, this area is a non-formatted area). Choose «Full analysis» and wait for the disk scanning procedure to finish.
- When the scanning is over, you will be shown files for recovery. Select the ones you need and click «Recover».
- Select one of the options to save files. Do not save the recovered files to the disk from where they have been deleted previously because they can be erased.
Recover an HDD system partition
If the system partition is lost, a computer will not boot.
That is why:
- Disconnect and take out of the computer the hard disk where the system partition was lost.
- Connect this HDD to another computer.
- Make sure that your hard disk is recognized by the other computer correctly.
- Now follow the steps as shown in the previous section.
Recover a hard disk system partition with LiveCD
If there is no possibility to connect a hard disk with a lost or damaged system partition to another computer, you can recover such partition by starting your computer with LiveCD, an alternative portable version of an operating system.
For this purpose, do the following:
- Find a LiveCD which is good enough for your needs, download it and copy it to a CDDVD or a flash drive.
- Connect the LiveCD to your computer and turn it on. The computer will boot automaticaly with the LiveCd.
- Copy files from the system partition to another media (often it can be an external hard disk).
Registry recovery software
There is plenty of software to acess and manage Windows registry. Such programs can help you to find and correct registry errors. As a rule, they scan the registry for invalid paths and file types, control elements, obsolete entries, incorrect fonts, obsolete Start menu items, unused file extensions, program startup errors and list all the problems they have found.
With registry recovery software, you can correct errors and therefore restore your operation system back to normal. [screenshot]
Windows operating systems also have their own utility for such purpose – Regedit.exe
To start Regedit.exe:
- Start the line «Run» (with a key combination Win + R).
- Type in the command regedit and press Enter.
We will be happy to answer your questions!