- What Are Common Causes of .OCX Files Lost or Failure?
- How to recover lost .OCX files?
- Programs to recover .OCX files
- How to open file with .OCX extension?
There are several common causes for ".OCX" files lost or failure:
- Accidental deletion: Users may delete ".OCX" files accidentally while trying to clean up their systems or remove unwanted files.
- Malware or virus infection: Malicious software can infect and corrupt ".OCX" files, rendering them unusable or causing them to be deleted.
- Software installation or uninstallation: Incorrect installation or uninstallation of software that relies on ".OCX" files can lead to their loss or failure.
- Registry errors: Issues with the Windows registry, such as incorrect or missing entries related to ".OCX" files, can cause them to become lost or fail.
- Hardware failure: Problems with the computer's hardware, such as a failing hard drive, can result in the loss or corruption of ".OCX" files.
- Software conflicts: Some software applications may conflict with others, leading to the loss or failure of ".OCX" files.
- Operating system issues: Errors or problems with the operating system can cause ".OCX" files to become lost or fail.
- User error: Users may inadvertently modify or delete ".OCX" files while attempting to customize their system settings.
It is important to regularly backup important files, including ".OCX" files, to prevent loss and have a means of recovery in case of failure.
Sometimes while working with a computer, laptop or other stationary or mobile devices, you may encounter various bugs, freezes, hardware or software failures, even in spite of regular updates and junk cleaning. As a result, an important ".OCX" file may be deleted.
By no means should you think that the only way to recover a ".OCX" file is always to create it once more.
Use programs for recovering ".OCX" files if a file was lost after accidental or deliberate deleting, formatting the memory card or the internal storage, cleaning the storage device, after a virus attack or a system failure.
Looking for a way to get files back? In cases when files were deleted and they cannot be restored by using standard operating system tools, use Hetman Partition Recovery.
Follow the directions below:
Download Hetman Partition Recovery, install and start the program.
The program will automatically scan the computer and display all hard disks and removable drives connected to it, as well as physical and local disks.
Double-click on the disk from which you need to recover ".OCX" files, and select analysis type.
When the scanning is over, you will be shown the files for recovery.
To find a file you need, use the program’s interface to open the folder it was deleted from, or go to the folder "Content-Aware Analysis" and select the required file type.
Select the files you have been looking for and click "Recovery".
Choose one of the methods for saving the files and recover them.
Looking for how to open a stereo activeX Control image file file?
|Microsoft Visual Studio 2019|
File type: ActiveX Control
File extension: .OCX
Category: Developer Files
HEX: 4D 5A